Whatever your level, come along and play tennis at one of our year-round session.
We run the following social club play sessions each week.
- Monday – Adult Club morning, from 9:30am on artificial clay courts
- Monday – Adult Club Evening, from 7:00am on artificial clay courts
- Wednesday – Adult Club night, from 7-9pm
- Thursday – Adult Club Afternoon, 1-3pm
- Friday – Adult Club morning, from 9:30am on artificial clay courts
- Friday – Family Club night, from 4.30-6.30pm (led by the coaching team)
- Saturday – Adult Club morning, 9-10:30am
- Saturday – Beginners morning, 9-10am
- Saturday – Beginners/Improvers’ Club afternoon, 2-4pm (led by Tony Martin)
- Saturday – Adult Club afternoon, 2-4pm
- Sunday – Team Training afternoon, 2-4pm
Sessions are normally organised by a member of our coaching team or committee member, so you are sure to get games at the right standard for you. There is a small charge for the Wednesday & Saturday adult club play sessions (£2) to cover the cost of the new balls provided, and when necessary, the use of the floodlights.
Ad-hoc socials are sometimes self-organised by members on our clubs Whatsapp group. Please contact john Pedevilla to be added to the group.
On Wednesdays (7-9pm) and Saturday (2-4pm) sessions, members are required to adhere to a set scoring format.
Our Saturday Beginner/Improver session focuses on a different aspect of tennis each week using a 6 week rotation system. The format is as follows:
Week 1 – Forehand (Grip, Position, Baseline rallying, approach shots)
Week 2 – Backhand (Grip, Position, Baseline rallying, approach shots)
Week 3 – Serve & Volley (Grip, ball toss, pendulum movement, weight transfer, balance, striking)
Week 4 – Approach Shot & Smash (Grip, position and turning side on, movement, staying on toes)
Week 5 – Match Tactics (Where to stand, hitting into spaces, importance of different strokes)
Week 6 – Match Play (Scorings, doubles positioning, communication with partner)
Please note that on Fridays juniors have priority on Courts 1-10 from 4-6:30pm.Membership Enquiry